46All our products are packaged for long term 20+ Years.
Each Package hold about 4 Cups of Green Beans
Easy to store, use, and take along — healthy — no sulfites.
- 1-inch cross cuts of freeze dried green beans.
- Excellent source of vitamins A and C.
Common uses: Camping food, backpacking food, snacks, and quick-and-easy cooking at home. A dry snack as is, right out of the bag. Like our other freeze dried vegetables, our green freeze dried beans are often used in salads and veggie trail mixes, as well as in soups, stews, and casseroles.
Easy to Prepare
- Use dry as a snack and as an addition to veggie trail mixes.
- Use dry for a crunchy effect in salads and, while serving, cooked rice and cooked pasta.
- Add dry during the last 5 or so minutes of cooking soups and stews that have sufficient broth.
- For most other applications, hydrate by soaking for 5 minutes in a generous amount of cold or hot water (hot water works slightly better). Then drain.
Yield — 1 oz equals about 2 cups dry with very low moisture content.
Rehydration Ratio — 1 lb of freeze dried green beans, once rehydrated, equals approximately 11 lbs of fresh prepared cross cuts green beans.