Easy to store, use, and take along — healthy — no sulfites.
- 100% Freeze dried broccoli florets
- Excellent source of fiber and vitamins A and C.
- Good source of calcium, and iron.
- GMO free. Gluten free.
Common uses: Camping food, backpacking food, snacks, and quick-and-easy cooking at home. A dry snack as is right out of the bag. Like our other freeze dried vegetables, our broccoli florets are often used in salads and veggie trail mixes, as well as in soups and casseroles.
Easy to Prepare
- Use alone as a dry snack or add to veggie trail mixes.
- Use dry for a crunchy effect in salads and, while serving cooked rice and cooked pasta.
- Add dry during the last 5-10 minutes of cooking soups and stews that have sufficient amounts of broth.
- For most other applications, hydrate by soaking for 5 to 10 minutes in a generous amount of cold or hot water (hot water works slightly better). Then drain.
Yield — 1 oz equals about 2 cups dry with less than 4% moisture content.
Rehydration Ratio — 1 lb of freeze dried broccoli, once rehydrated, equals approximately 13 lbs of fresh prepared broccoli.