02431234997All our products are packaged for long term 20+ Years.
Easy to store, use, and take along — healthy — no sulfites.
- Freeze dried sliced mushrooms.
- Excellent source of protein and iron.
- GMO free. Gluten free.
Common uses: Camping food, backpacking food, snacks, and quick-and-easy cooking at home. A dry snack as is right out of the bag. Like our other freeze dried vegetables, our mushrooms can be used salads, soups, sauces and casseroles.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in high quality resealable foil pouches with moisture absorbent pack to help ensure freshness after initial opening.
Allergen Information: Processed in a facility that also handles cereal grains, peanuts, tree nuts, and soybeans.
A popular gift item: Use our multiple-address and gift-messaging features to send freeze dried mushrooms and other freeze vegetables to friends and family.
Freeze Dried Sliced Mushrooms
Easy to Prepare
- Use alone as a dry snack or add to soups and sauces.
- Use dry for a crunchy effect in salads and, while serving, cooked rice and cooked pasta.
- Add dry during the last 5-10 minutes of cooking soups and stews that have sufficient amounts of broth.
- For most other applications, hydrate by soaking for 5 to 10 minutes in a generous amount of cold or hot water (hot water works slightly better). Then drain.
Yield — 1 oz equals just over 2 1/2 cups dry with very low moisture content.
Rehydration Ratio — 1 lb of freeze dried mushrooms, once rehydrated, equals approximately 16 lbs of fresh prepared sliced mushrooms.