All natural and healthy — no added sweeteners and no sulfites
- Freeze dried Sliced McIntosh apples. 16 slices = 1 apple
- Excellent source of fiber and a good source of vitamin C.
- No infused sugar and no sulfites!
Ingredients: freeze dried McIntosh apples
Common uses: Backpacking food, camping food, healthy snacks, and quick-and-easy cooking at home. Like our other freeze dried fruits, our apples are often added to cereals, smoothies, desserts, and trail mixes.
Easy to Prepare
- Use dry as a healthy snack, as an addition to trail mixes, and as a crunchy topping for cereals and desserts.
- For most other applications, hydrate by soaking for 5 minutes in a generous amount of cold or hot water (hot water works slightly better). Then drain.
Yield — 1 oz equals about 1 cup dry with less than 4% moisture content.
Rehydration Ratio — 1 lb of freeze dried apples, once rehydrated, equals approximately 10 lbs of fresh prepared diced apples.